On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <naftoli...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree with this.
> My understanding is that the goal is that Lift should use Joda for its time
> functions rather than java.util.

This is not the goal.  The goal is to make JodeTime available.  There is no
reason to remove support for java.util.Date.  None.

JodaTime offers some advantages, but there's no reason, none, nada, to
*remove* support for java.util.Date.

I'm cool with different names (not jtNow, but choose something else).

But I view removal of support for java.util.Date as gratuitous.  Sure, if we
were to make the clean-slate decision today, I'd opt for primary support of
JodaTime and secondary support for java.util.Date.  But we're making a
decision based on legacy.  We're not going to cut off java.util.Date just
because something marginally better (and I'm not being facetious here... at
the bottom, these are just wrappers for number of milliseconds since Jan 1,
1970).

Surf the harmonics