I *think* you're referring to a thread I started some time ago:

http://www.nabble.com/functional-newbie,-domain-entities-td22957479.html

It turned out to be a lively discussion. On a related note, Jonas Boner
  gisted this in August:

http://gist.github.com/173921

It's not full code, but it gives you an idea how an immutable data model
might be composed and backed with JPA. There are pain points (java
collections) and unanswered questions here (how will the JPA provider
initialize such a class), but there's what I feel is a language-level
issue. In Scala, if you want methods to immutably evolve an objects'
state, then you must, as Jonas did, write your own "setters" that yield
a new instance with the modification. Sounds like boilerplate to me,
that's another topic.

For the record, I'm not yet fully convinced of the gains in using
immutability in a domain model. Domain entities represent the state of
an application, and in many cases that changes frequently and naturally.
Period. How and why those changes occur are often the result of human
behavior (twitter, facebook). These behaviors are not functional in the
mathematical sense (at least, not that we've discovered), and so I'm not
clear on what we stand to gain in a typical domain model.