James,

> That would be because those are examples of tags, not copy-and-paste-code
> necessarily.

I didn't just cut and paste, tried to extract the "rule" how to do it
(of course).

> I can think of about million definitions of "just didn't work".  Which one
> do you mean here?

Blank page when I referred to my new "index" page referring to the
template.
No error message.  Looks like "nothing happening at all".   Assuming
the
"surround" didn't get bound.

When I said "head merging" didn't work, it was just that.  I tried to
merge a
title to the "head" element but it didn't make it.  No error message.
So in
this case "didn't work" meant "didn't have any visible effects at
all".  Sorry
for the overloading of the term "didn't work" :-)

Only  when I used a surround with "at" and a single bind point it my
page
showed up in the browser with the title merged.  That is the page I
have
now.

> Again.  No code, can't really tell you what's wrong, or right.

I'm sorry for that.  The problem was that I switched to a single bind
point
(which did what I wanted for now) and didn't keep the old code because
assumed I had used outdated documentation.  But now it appears that
the
working version is based on outdated information!

I will recreate the other version today and report any successes or
failures,
including code.

> Which examples are you talking about?  Most of the ones I've seen are fairly
> trivial.

My examples were even more trivial :-)  For now, I want just 3 static
pages
that refer to each other, each with a number of areas that are bound
to a
hook in a page template.  That's all.  That shouldn't be too
difficult, I thought.

Job Honig