Hi,

There has been a large amount of new stuff and also some breaking changes
since Lift 1.0. As an OSGi guy I suggest we call the next version Lift 2.0,
because increasing the major version number will show the world that there
are breaking changes and/or cool new features. At least, this is how
versions are used in OSGi land. OK, I know that Sun follows another version
strategy (keeping the major version fixed to 1 forever) and the Scala folks
also seem to be stick to 2.x (quite a lot people would like 2.8 to be 3.0),
but IMHO this is no reason for Lift to follow the same mislead strategy. So
what do you think?

Heiko

My job: weiglewilczek.com
My blog: heikoseeberger.name
Follow me: twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala: scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework: liftweb.net