I have seen this problem around and it seems basic but I haven't found
a solution. I need to turn an InputStream into a String. There seems
to be a bug in the Source class that fails for large files so I don't
want to use that (though it is an elegant approach).

The following doesn't work because reader.readLine returns Unit and
not null, as in Java.

 val reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(is))
 var responseBody = ""

 var line = reader.readLine()

 while(line != null){
        responseBody  += line