2009/11/21 Josh Suereth <joshua.suer...@gmail.com>

> I think eclipse and maven might be two of the only projects following that
> convention (besides others in the eclipse ecosystem).

I think that Spring also follows the recommended OSGi versioning policy, but
to be sure I will check with some of the Spring folks. And what about Java
EE? Just remember 2.0->2.1 (small refinements and additions) and then 3.0
(very very breaking stuff).

> The question in my mind is what is the popular version number convention in
> the Scala ecosystem.

As far as I can tell, e.g. from the 2.8 or 3.0 discussion on
scala-internals, not many folks from Scala world are interested or trustful
in versioning policies. So why not make Lift the thought leader in this
regard?

Heiko