I'm new to both Scala/Lift. I have worked with PHP for several years.
I just want to choose a web framework with high performance and
developing speed.

I have seen "David Pollak" said at infoQ site that the lift framework
has very high speed. It will just take 1 Milliseconds for page without
db query. It seems what I'm looking for.

I just have a test with some example lift apps. But I'm sorry to say
that I cannot achieve this high performance on my dev box(Dell xps
420, 6 G RAM, Quad CPU)

my env is Ubuntu 8.10.
java version "1.6.0_14"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

with the latest : lift-archetype-jpa-basic
 -DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-jpa-basic             \
 -DarchetypeVersion=1.1-M7

But even for the /index page without db query, I cannot get a response
less than 10 Milliseconds. In fact it is: INFO - Service request
(GET) /index took 22 Milliseconds

I wondered that how can I get a response less than 10Milliseconds
without db query. In fact, it's really easy to achieve this response
speed without db query in PHP. I think Java take all the classes into
memory, it should be faster than PHP.

I just run the app via mvn jetty:run. And I also test to deploy it to
a standalone jetty server. Seems it won't help a little.

Is there any suggestions for the response speed?

Thanks for you replies. ^_^ This is the home of lift lover.