On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 5:12 AM, daiwhea <daiw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just have a test with some example lift apps. But I'm sorry to say
> that I cannot achieve this high performance on my dev box(Dell xps
> 420, 6 G RAM, Quad CPU)
>
> my env is Ubuntu 8.10.
> java version "1.6.0_14"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)
>
> with the latest : lift-archetype-jpa-basic
>  -DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-jpa-basic             \
>  -DarchetypeVersion=1.1-M7

  I haven't tried to get it as fast as I can, but the jpa project goes to
the database, so you may want to use lift-archetype-basic.

  Also, the first time you load it there may be a slow down due to
initializations, so to get a good test you may want to write a unit test
that will load it perhaps 100 times and then you can get the average,
fastest and slowest times to get an idea how it is performing.

  Also, you may need to subtract any javascript/css files, or, when you
compare to PHP make certain you have similar files being loaded for PHP for
a true comparison.