While we're discussing lift-core in a separate thread, I wanted to bring up
a minor annoyance....

All module directories in the repository start with "lift-",

boisv...@smudge:~/git/liftweb$ tree -L 2 | grep lift
|-- lift-archetypes
|   |-- lift-archetype-basic
|   |-- lift-archetype-blank
|   |-- lift-archetype-jpa-basic
|   |-- lift-archetype-jpa-blank
|   |-- lift-archetype-jpa-blank-single
|-- lift-base
|   |-- lift-actor
|   |-- lift-common
|   |-- lift-json
|   |-- lift-util
|   |-- lift-webkit
|-- lift-core
|-- lift-examples
|   |-- hellolift
|-- lift-misc
|   |-- lift-installer
|-- lift-modules
|   |-- lift-amqp
|   |-- lift-facebook
|   |-- lift-jta
|   |-- lift-machine
|   |-- lift-oauth
|   |-- lift-openid
|   |-- lift-osgi
|   |-- lift-paypal
|   |-- lift-testkit
|   |-- lift-textile
|   |-- lift-widgets
|   |-- lift-wizard
|   |-- lift-xmpp
|-- lift-persistence
|   |-- lift-jpa
|   |-- lift-mapper
|   |-- lift-record

This naming isn't very practical when navigating the directory structure
since it meddles with completion.

e.g.  cd <TAB> (beep!) lift- <TAB> (beep!) c <TAB> (finally completes
"core")

Does Maven support simpler names?  Could we have something like this?

|-- base
|   |-- actor
|   |-- common
|   |-- json
|   |-- util
|   |-- webkit
|-- modules
|   |-- amqp
|   |-- ...
|   |-- ...

(I'm not suggesting change the names of the modules;  just the names of the
directories)

alex