RequestVar-s lifetime is expanded beyond the actual request, which is
not applicable for TransientRequestVar. For instance say you have a
page and you set some state on a RequestVar ... then you render an
Ajax link. After the page is rendered, when your ajax function is
invoked, you RequestVar state set when rendering the page is still
visible.

But is there is problem you're chasing or is it just terminology?

Br's,
Marius