I enabled SQL logging recently, and started looking at the generated
SQL from Mapper.  I was surprised to see that "select DISTINCT" was
generally being done for queries when it is not necessary.  Is that
really necessary?

For example:
    Team.findAll(OrderBy(Team.name, Ascending))
translated to:
    SELECT  DISTINCT team.code, team.name, team.id FROM team   ORDER
BY name  ASC

Queries should perform better without a redundant DISTINCT operation.

I must say that I am surprised to see the DISTINCT added when a
Distinct object/class exists -- I would have expected that I would
have needed to use the Distinct object/class in order to generate the
DISTINCT keyword.