@David: Thanks. Now the approach is clear.

> Is that your use-case ? .... so see async intems coming from server
> only when the dialog is opened?

@Marius: Yes, it is. I'd like to display a progressbar in the dialog.
It seemed to me quite natural to deliver it (the comet component)
along with the dialog, but as I now know that this is not possible,
it's really no problem to have it prepared in the page and bring it to
life when needed, i.e. make it visible. Another solution would be to
redirect to a whole new page with the progressbar on it, but I wanted
to look it more like a desktop application.

Thanks,
Chris