I generally have a mild preference toward pushing the latest and greatest--
especially on top of some other latest and greatest project.  I think as long
as this change is loudly communicated via an announce and in the M2 release
notes, people should be ok.

Another change that comes to mind: Default to the unminified version in DevMode