Adam,

As mentioned earlier, please try *lifespan* instead.

def lifespan: Box[TimeSpan] is what you probably want.

- Indrajit

On 10/02/10 10:58 PM, Adam Warski wrote:
Hello,

to be extra sure I pulled the latest sources from git and recompiled.
And I still get an error:

error: method timespan overrides nothing
   override def timespan: Box[TimeSpan] = Full(0 seconds)

Yep, override def timespan: Int does if fact override nothing...  please look
at my mail.  The method to override is def timespan: Box[Helpers.TimeSpan]

if I was trying to override a method with another method with an incompatible return
type, I would get another error (like "error overriding method x in class A of
type =>  Int;
  method x has incompatible type =>  String")

Searching for "timespan" method in the current source:
http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/blob/master/framework/lift-base/lift-webkit/src/main/scala/net/liftweb/http/CometActor.scala

also doesn't return anything.