Hi,

I've added first shot at the new logging code:

http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/blob/e7ed6c6bc013aea768bfe34a6e4eca22d26407e8/framework/lift-base/lift-common/src/main/scala/net/liftweb/common/Logging.scala

I've tried to keep it as simple as possible, really just a Scala layer
on top of the SLF4J api.

Note that no backend (log4j or logback) configuration is included. This
has to go into lift-util to use runmode etc.

You can have your choice of a nested logger:

 object MyObj extends Logging {
   logger.info("nested Hello")
 }

or direct access:

 object MyObj extends Loggable {
   info("direct Hello")
 }

Thoughts?

Next step, when this has been committed, is to update Lift internals to
use the new code (as part of #310) and deprecate the old logging in util.

/Jeppe