On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Peter Robinett <pe...@bubblefoundry.com>wrote:

> I'm running Netbeans 6.7.1 with the Maven and Scala 2.7 plugins quite
> happily on OS X.

For mainline Lift development, I'm very happily using NB 6.7.1 and the 2.7.7
plugin.

For 2.8.0 related Lift and Goat Rodeo development, I'm using NB 6.8 and the
2.8 plugin.

In both cases, I set the maximum heap size for NB to 2.5GB (from the default
max of 512MB).

The 2.7 plugin is good and stable and functional.  The 2.8 plugin is
awesome.  It's got the same code navigation tools the IntelliJ does and it's
very, very fast.  I love it.

> Peter
>
> On Feb 21, 10:34 pm, Caoyuan <dcaoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, Scala plugin for NetBeans 6.8 needs Scala 2.8, thus lift's 280
> branches.
> >
> > For Maven project, there is no need to set Scala home and dependent
> > libs in NetBeans, all these setting are in pom.xml.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Caoyuan
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Ross Mellgren <dri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Lift 1.1 and 2.0 are the same code stream by the way, just 1.1 was
> renamed to 2.0 after 1.1-M8. That said, the most recent versions of
> 2.0-SNAPSHOT and 1.1-SNAPSHOT run on Scala 2.7.7. The new 2.0-SNAPSHOT
> branch for Scala 2.8.0 (280_port_refresh, built as 2.0-scala280-SNAPSHOT I
> believe) runs on Scala 2.8.0 Beta 1.
> >
> > > I have no idea about NetBeans, though I've heard on the list a couple
> times that the most recent versions are Scala 2.8 only.
> >
> > > Keep in mind that Scala is extremely version sensitive and not backward
> compatible.
> >
> > > Hope that helps,
> > > -Ross

> groups.google.com/group/liftweb?hl=en.