Thanks very much, this is great support.  I e-mailed Caoyuan
separately, to hedge my bet and prompted by him I ended up finding
this post -
http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/768c6798017b5b6b/9961710446c7dd20-
which managed to clear everything up, I didn't know about 6.7.1
though.

NetBeans is great, much better than Eclipse I find.