Le 23/02/2010 21:14, Timothy Perrett a écrit :
Seems like the current lift-ldap ought to be gutted and turned into a
pure LDAP wrapper for scala. Then we can add a record abstraction and
any other abstractions people want.

In my company, we are building an LDAP-based application with a web UI in Lift, and so, I would be really interested in seing some kind a LDAP-Record integration be done, and why not help to achieve that.

If you want to make a real LDAP integration, I advice to not use LDAP-JNDI, which is really bad and awfull to use. And since the Java LDAP API projects leaded by ApachDS/OpenDS is still work in progress[1], I can point to UnboundID LDAP SDK[2], which is really pleasant to use.

Anyhow, I'm really happy to see that LDAP brings some interest in Lift community :)

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-api/
[2] http://www.unboundid.com/products/ldapsdk/

--
Francois Armand