On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Ross Mellgren <dri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My concern about putting this in LiftRules is that not all applications that
> could benefit from the new logging support will use webkit, since the logging
> is in common.
>
> Maybe a bridge method in LiftRules to put it in a convenient place, but I
> think the actual work should be exposed nearby the logging library.

Yeah, I've been thinking a little more on this and I think we need a
hook in lift-common that can be used for this. The default (in common)
should be to do nothing.

I liked Heiko's idea of auto-configuration so maybe the default hook
(set somewhere before booting Lift)  could be to try to autodiscover
the logging backend and configure it appropriately. This has to be in
lift util/webkit since we need access to the run.mode

/Jeppe