Good morning Cezary,

> I think first two options are for those, who want to earn some money for
> payments fee. The option that can be interesting for for some business like
> coffee is third option. Do you agree with me?
>
>>  3. In all likelihood, some service later will offer deals like "up to
>> 300mBTC receive for only 1mBTC! At least 3 months channel alive!" for new
>> upcoming businesses.
>
> It seams the best option for new businesses, but what if such new business
> would like to have channel with 300mBTC on both side. Let's say this is ATM.
> The owner of ATM need to be able to receive and sending funds. Without
> possibility of both-side funding channels this is quite hard to establish
> such balanced channel. ATM owner needs to send 300 mBTC as on-side
> transaction to hub, and then hub could open channel with 600 mBTC capacity
> and send back 300mBTC to ATM owner though this new channel. This requires
> trust to hub.

Then do not trust a single hub.  Instead, have incoming 300mBTC from one hub,
then make an outgoing 300mBTC to another hub.  Encourages more hubs also.  This
also makes your node a potential routing node, improving network connectivity.

> I know, LN is in early stage, but I'm very surprised that both sides cannot
> fund channel. Maybe this is because at the beginning LN was presented with
> such option. The only reason are trust issues that you described before, or
> maybe there are also some technical issues to implement such functionality?
> Do you predict this will be added to BOLT and implemented in the future?

There is already an issue regarding this. For now, priority is actual
implementation of payments.  Dual-funding channels can be emulated by having
some hubbing service make channels to you, while you make a channel to some
other hub (i.e. make two channels).  Such an emulation is superior to
dual-funding as it allows you to potentially become some alternate route if
other routes become congested, letting you earn some small amount; compare this
to a single dual-funding channel that, by itself, cannot be used to for routing.

Another thing is that we can make "circular superhubs" if small groups of us
cooperate.  The smallest 3-circle superhub has 3 members A B C.  A opens
channel to B, B open channels t C, C open channels to A.  Each channel is the
same capacity.  If each of you has one out-channel other than on the circular
superhub, any of A B C can spend to any node that any of them have an
out-channel to.  Similarly, each of you can receive via any in-channel any of
you happen to have.  Join a few such small communities and you can be
well-connected enough to send and receive reasonably seamlessly to anyone on
the network.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj