Good morning Antoine,

> Hi Zeeman,
>
> > i.e. I send my high-fee RBF-enabled channel funding to you, at the same
> > time I send a conflicting low-fee RBF-disabled transaction (that pays the
> > entire channel amount to myself) to all the miners I can find.
> Mapping miners mempools will be a cost in spying infrastructure and thus make
> the malicious routing node job harder, providing a security improvement for
> zero-conf channels. I used "lower trust" intentionally, it's not binary (what
> about opening a channel with a reorg-powerful counterparty ?).

A reorg-powerful entity would destroy all assumptions depended upon by higher
layers, I think, and would be an extinction event on all higher layers.
In particular, any timelock-based higher layer is at risk for anyone powerful
enough to reorg, as they could potentially delay non-timelocked transactions to
after the timelock expires.

Mapping miner nodes is indeed a cost, but not a high one IMO --- presumably
miners are the ones who get blocks earlier than everyone else, and would be
incentivized to e.g. unsolicited `block` push, though I am uncertain if that
has ever been implemented.

> > And your fullnode will not see the conflicting low-fee RBF-disabled tx
> > either because it is lower fee than what you have in your mempool and you
> > will reject it.
>
> I was assuming a no-mempool mobile LN client, thus not going to be blind by
> your high-fee RBF. But still able to speak with the p2p network thus you can
> actively seek that your transaction has been accepted by ~100 peers.

That seems to be a fairly high amount of bandwidth in `inv` messages?
You also need to select the peers in a way that attackers find hard to predict,
else sybil is possible.
Hmmm.

> Overall, I don't think this scheme is worthy to work on unless double-spend
> of zero-conf chans become a real issue, just to mention we have potential
> solutions in this case.

0-conf is simply not safe, and I do not think this increases the costs on
breaking the mechanism enough.

With all that said, once deeply confirmed, the channel becomes perfectly safe.
And in general, most 0-conf channel mechanisms are usually set up such that the
one offering the 0-conf channel is a fiat-to-Bitcoin exchange, with a
`push_msat` non-gift that is actually the equivalent amount of a number of fiat
units.
As it involves fiat, tr\*st is necessary anyway, so it is a negligible
degradation of security in practice.
And once the channel *does* get confirmed deeply, it is upgraded automatically
to trust-reduced.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj