Yes, many systems doesn't really make sense. We can add editors and revise the
BIP process as needed (BOLTs might prefer to use markdown?). Even aside from
Lightning BIPs, there are several improvements that can be made, so it makes
sense to address everything at once.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/wiki/BIP-Process-wishlist

The BIP 2xx range has been set aside for Lightning years ago, and we can do
similar things to help keep things organized within BIPs. Kalle suggested
maybe it'd be better to do BIP "L###" instead, and perhaps that would work
better if there's likely to be several sub-namespaces.

Luke