Hi Z,

`SIGHASH_NONE | SIGHASH_NOINPUT` (which will take another what, four
> years?) or a similar "covenant" opcode,

such as `OP_CHECKTEMPLATEVERIFY` without any commitments or an
> `OP_CHECKSIGFROMSTACK` on an empty message.
> All you really need is a signature for an empty message, really...

That fails my requirement of "deployable in 2022" :)

Same thing applies to fast-forwards: I do see their value, but I'd like to
focus on a first version with minimal changes to the transaction structure
and the update protocol, to ensure we can actually get agreement on it
somewhat quickly and ship it in 2022. Then we can start working on a
more ambitious rework of the protocol that adds a lot of cool features,
such as what AJ proposed recently.

Cheers,
Bastien