Federico,

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:16:48 +0200, Federico Bruni <f...@inventati.org> wrote:

> Il giorno gio 5 ott 2017 alle 14:01, Federico Bruni
> <f...@inventati.org> ha scritto:
> >

> > Il giorno gio 5 ott 2017 alle 3:10, Karlin High
> > <karlinh...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> >> That's what I gathered, too. I assumed Federico follows this list.
> >> The
> >> discussion had
> >> stopped with the question of how to instruct new developers to get
> >> the fonts,
> >> and I debated whether to continue it here,
> >> or on the Sourceforge or Rietveld issues.
> >>

> > Hi Karlin
> >
> > In my opinion these fonts should be provided by linux distros.
> > I've just read that a new package urw-base35-fonts will replace the
> > obsolete urw-fonts in Fedora 27 (which should be released in
> > November):
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/urw-base35-fonts-20170801-1.fc27
> >
> > Upstream repository is:
> > https://github.com/ArtifexSoftware/urw-base35-fonts
> >

> I'm testing a new container based on Fedora 27, where urw-base35-fonts
> is installed.
> However, I'm still getting the configure error because it seems that
> lilypond need the .otf files and this package contains only *.t1 and
> *.afm files:
>
> # ls /usr/share/fonts/urw-base35
> C059-BdIta.afm               NimbusRoman-Regular.afm
> P052-Roman.afm
> C059-BdIta.t1                NimbusRoman-Regular.t1
> P052-Roman.t1
> C059-Bold.afm                NimbusSans-Bold.afm
> StandardSymbolsPS.afm
> C059-Bold.t1                 NimbusSans-Bold.t1
> StandardSymbolsPS.t1
> C059-Italic.afm              NimbusSans-BoldItalic.afm
> URWBookman-Demi.afm
> C059-Italic.t1               NimbusSans-BoldItalic.t1
> URWBookman-Demi.t1
> C059-Roman.afm               NimbusSans-Italic.afm
> URWBookman-DemiItalic.afm
> C059-Roman.t1                NimbusSans-Italic.t1
> URWBookman-DemiItalic.t1
> D050000L.afm                 NimbusSans-Regular.afm
> URWBookman-Light.afm
> D050000L.t1                  NimbusSans-Regular.t1
> URWBookman-Light.t1
> NimbusMonoPS-Bold.afm        NimbusSansNarrow-BdOblique.afm
> URWBookman-LightItalic.afm
> NimbusMonoPS-Bold.t1         NimbusSansNarrow-BdOblique.t1
> URWBookman-LightItalic.t1
> NimbusMonoPS-BoldItalic.afm  NimbusSansNarrow-Bold.afm
> URWGothic-Book.afm
> NimbusMonoPS-BoldItalic.t1   NimbusSansNarrow-Bold.t1
> URWGothic-Book.t1
> NimbusMonoPS-Italic.afm      NimbusSansNarrow-Oblique.afm
> URWGothic-BookOblique.afm
> NimbusMonoPS-Italic.t1       NimbusSansNarrow-Oblique.t1
> URWGothic-BookOblique.t1
> NimbusMonoPS-Regular.afm     NimbusSansNarrow-Regular.afm
> URWGothic-Demi.afm
> NimbusMonoPS-Regular.t1      NimbusSansNarrow-Regular.t1
> URWGothic-Demi.t1
> NimbusRoman-Bold.afm         P052-Bold.afm
> [...]

I have not been able to find anyway other than manually copying the OTF files
from their git repo.

There was a discussion started here

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-10/msg00019.html

Oh but I see you already replied to this in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2017-10/msg00022.html

So if this is just for LilyDev then I'd just install them manually like you
would for other dependencies by copying the files manually.

James