Hi Ken,

On Fri, 2022-05-20 at 11:12 -0700, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> Hi Jonas;
>
>   This is cool.
>
>   Question: Will there be support in the future for Apple Silicon?

Possibly. We'd need to ask MacStadium for a second node with Apple
Silicon (they're already sponsoring the node that I use to build the
x86_64 binaries). What makes this a bit complicated is that I don't
have a management account to do that. LilyPond's entry in MacStadium's
open source program is managed by a person who isn't actively
contributing to (core) LilyPond (not even reading the mailing list
IIRC), and communication via him was kind of slow / painful in the
past...

>   Currently homebrew provides Lilypond 2.22.2 for Apple Silicon, that
> is what I am using.

Did you try running the x86_64 binaries via Apple's Rosetta tool? That
might be a bit slower than native executables, but given that Homebrew
builds 2.22.2 without Guile bytecode, it might actually be comparable.

Jonas

> Thanks,
> Ken Wolcott
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 10:53 AM Jonas Hahnfeld via LilyPond user
> discussion <lilypond-u...@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.23.9. This is termed
> > a development release, but these are usually reliable. However, if you
> > require stability, we recommend using version 2.22.2, the current
> > stable release.
> >
> > As a reminder, the official binaries can be downloaded from GitLab:
> > https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/releases/v2.23.9
> > We provide packages for macOS ("darwin"), Linux, and Windows ("mingw")
> > that only need to be extracted (no installation as in older versions).

  • LilyPond 2.23.9 rel... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
    • Re: LilyPond 2... Kenneth Wolcott
      • Re: LilyPo... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
        • Re: Li... Werner LEMBERG
          • Re... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
            • ... Werner LEMBERG
        • Re: Li... Kenneth Wolcott
          • Re... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
            • ... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
              • ... Kenneth Wolcott