> On Apr 24, 2015, at 6:43 AM, Federico Bruni <fedel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You forgot the quality of sheets: a (really) digital PDF will always look
> better than a scanned PDF.
> And if it's too old or don't like anything you can change it and get what you
> want.

+1
Also, ultimately do we want the archive of public domain musical works to be
available as inflexible scans or as flexible music data?  (Ask anyone working
in digital humanities…)

> This is the value of Mutopia and the reason why I strongly disagree on the
> idea of merging it into IMSLP. In the past discussion on this topic there
> were a couple of ideas on better integration between the two projects.

I agree.  Ultimately, Mutopia isn’t going away, and it is (and will continue to
be) associated with LilyPond.  Sure, it’s easy to disparage it for this or
that, but I think it’s a valuable resource that’s worth maintaining and
improving.  I benefit from it and so I contribute back a little of my time
updating old works, improving their quality.

Cheers,
-Paul