  From: Andrew Bernard
  To: lilypond-user@gnu.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2015 2:38 PM
  Subject: Fedora 21 and lilypond 2.19.19

  Greetings All,

  As a long time Mint and Ubuntu user, I am taking a look at Fedora 21 for use
with lilypond.

  With lilypond version 2.19.19 I cannot compile any files, with the following
error from ghostscript:

  warning: `(gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./sonata.pdf -c.setpdfwrite -fsonata.ps)' failed
(256)

  Is this a known issue? Should I stay safely on Mint? I see recent discussion
about difficulties with Fedora 22 and ghostscript.

  It’s not helped by my complete inability to find a listing of ghostscript
error codes anywhere, despite looking.

  Andrew