Am 20.11.2015 um 15:38 schrieb Peter Fender:

> Hi …
>

> I have downloaded 2.18.2 and installed it.  When I double click on the
> shortcut created nothing happens.  If I right click (I’m on Windows
> 10) and Run as Administrator I get a DOS window (blank) and a Welcome
> to Lilypond file – which tells me to save it as test.ly to my desktop
> and then drop it on the shortcut.  I’ve done that and nothing
> happens.  Any suggestions?

You are the perfect candidate to beta-test my introduction that can
currently be found at

https://bookbranches.openlilylib.org/introduction/toolchain/index.html

Nearly the same wording ;-)

Actually the document starts at
https://bookbranches.openlilylib.org/introduction/
and the "next" link will point you to that.

Please go to that page and tell me if it helps you understanding what's
going on. (Only everything below 1. is relevant)

Thanks and HTH
Urs