(note newfound knowledge used to create a new topic without hijacking a thread.)

I’m engraving a piece that has what appears to me to be an unusual-looking
polyphonic chord (beat 3, music is \time 4/4):

So far the closest I can come to that chord is:

with the following code:

Is there a way to shift the stem from the right side of the half-note f to the
left side with simpler code?  I’m hoping for something like \set
Stem.attachmentSide = #’left to replace all four of the \override’s and the
fiddling needed to determine the various numerical quantities.

TIA