Hi all,

Heikki Tauriainen wrote
> I've observed that LilyPond actually emits CC#7 events to a generated
> MIDI file on dynamic (MIDI velocity) changes created by the
> Dynamic_performer, but these CC#7 changes seem to always just set the
> MIDI volume to 100 (in the range from 0 to 127).  To me this looks like
> a possible bug (and could be just a remnant of the implementation prior
> to 2.14), but this is only my personal opinion...

Yes, this also looks like a possible bug to me, and the point is that it's
quite annoying: for instance, if you import a LilyPond generated MIDI file
to a DAW and use some VST instruments for playback, all these CC7 events
keep overriding any modifications you do to the instrument volumes. So you
can't simply balance the sound in the VST interface, but you have to somehow
edit these CC7 manually for each track, which is a pain...

Cheers,
Gilberto