On Tue 08 Mar 2016 at 17:45:35 (+0100), Gianmaria Lari wrote:
>    [...]
>    So, more precisely I would write:
>
>      \version "2.19.35"
>      pattern =
>      {
>         c16 d e f g a b c
>      }
>      \relative c'
>      {
>        \pattern d4 d4
>        \pattern c4 e4
>        \pattern e4 c4
>      }
>
>    But the previous code generate:
>    [...]
>    So I played a bit with "\absolute" and at the end I have been able to fix
>    the issue.

I don't know what the issue is that you "fixed".

>    Here it is the code:
>
>      \version "2.19.35"
>      pattern = \absolute
>      {
>         c'16 d' e' f' g' a' b' c''
>      }
>      \relative c''
>      {
>        \pattern d4 d4
>        \pattern c4 e4
>        \pattern e4 c4
>      }
>
>    Unfortunately this solution does not work well with "\changePitch" (that I
>    need).

Now here's a clue as to what you're trying to do. Looking at the
changePitch documentation, patterns are only used as the first
argument to a \changePitch function:
\changePitch pattern newnotes
Judging by its purpose, I would assume (short of testing it) that the
pattern has an _implied_ \relative{} around it.

What one doesn't do, but you are trying to do, is typeset the pattern
itself directly into a score. All that your examples here are doing is to
demonstrate the rules that LilyPond uses to interpret notes within
{ ... } \relative { ... } \absolute { ... }

So the pattern's notes themselves are never seen in the score: they're
replaced by the notes in the second argument (newnotes). That does
mean that we expect to see \include "changePitch.ly" in any compilable
examples you post.

Cheers,
David.