Hey guys, I recently discovered Lily and I like it a lot. For practice
purposes I decided to engrave some old psalm and lyrics look bad. From what
I read, hyphens are always centered between sylabes, so my question: is
there a way to avoid them getting into barlines, or align them in verses?

Anyway, thanks in advance and cheers :)

Srceenshot and my project file in the attachment

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski
\version "2.19.48"

\language "deutsch"

\header	{
  title = ""
  subtitle = ""
}

global = {
  \time 4/4
  \tempo "Vivo" 4=120
  \key b\major
}

sopran = \relative c'' {
  \global
  \repeat volta 2 {
  a4 a b4. a8 |
  g4 g a r8 a |
  g4  f f e |
  \time 2/4
  f2 } | \break
  a4 a |
  \time 4/4
  a8 b c4 c b |
  c a d8 c c4 |
  c h c2 |
  a4 a a g8 a |
  b a16 b a8 g a4 a |
  g f f e |
  f1\fermata \bar "|."

}

alt = \relative c' {
  \global
  f4 f d8 (e) f4 |
  e8 (f4) e8 f4 r8 f |
  d4 c d c8 (b) |
  a2 |
  a4 d |
  c c a' g8 (f) |
  e4 d d e8 (f) |
  g4. (f8) e2 |
  c4 c c c |
  f f f4. e8 |
  d4 c d c8 (b) |
  a1\fermata
}

tenor = \relative c' {
  \global
  c4 c d4. c8 |
  c4. b8 a4 r8 c |
  b4 a g g |
  f2 |
  c'4 f |
  f e f d |
  c f f e |
  d d c2 |
  f4 f f e |
  d d c c |
  b a g g |
  f1\fermata
}

bas = \relative c {
  \global
  f4 f b,4. f8 |
  c'4 c f, r8 f |
  g4 a b c |
  f,2 |
  f'4 d8 e |
  f g a4 f g |
  c, d b c |
  g g c2 |
  f,4 f' f c |
  d4. e8 f4 f, |
  g a b c |
  f,1\fermata
}

sopranJeden = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "1."
  Nie -- ście chwa -- łę
  mo -- ca -- rze, Pa --
  nu moc -- niej -- sze -- mu,

}

sopranDwa = \lyricmode {

  Nie -- ście chwa -- łę
  kró -- lo -- wie, Kró --
  lo -- wi  więt -- sze -- mu,

}

sopranTrzy = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = "2."
  Głos Pań -- ski deszcz -- e -- le -- je,
  głos Pań -- ski grom sro -- gi

}

sopranCztery = \lyricmode {
  I o -- kru -- tne po -- bu -- dza
  na po -- wie -- trzu dro -- gi

}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup
  <<
    \new Staff \with {
      midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
      instrumentName = \markup \center-column { S }}
       \new Voice = "sopran" { \voiceOne \sopran }
      \new Lyrics << \lyricsto "sopran" \sopranJeden
      \new Lyrics {
        \lyricsto "sopran" \sopranDwa
      }
      \new Lyrics {
        \lyricsto "sopran" \sopranTrzy
      }
      \new Lyrics {
        \lyricsto "sopran" \sopranCztery
      }

     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopran" \verseTwo
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopran" \verseThree
    \new Staff = "alt" \with {
      midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
      instrumentName = \markup \center-column { A }}
      \new Voice = "alt" { \voiceOne \alt }
      \new Lyrics << \lyricsto "alt" \sopranJeden
                     \new Lyrics {
        \lyricsto "alt" \sopranDwa
      }
      \new Lyrics {
        \lyricsto "alt" \sopranTrzy
      }
      \new Lyrics {
        \lyricsto "alt" \sopranCztery
      }

     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "alt" \verseTwo
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "alt" \verseThree
    \new Staff = "tenor" \with {
      \clef tenorG
      midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
      instrumentName = \markup \center-column { T }}
      \new Voice = "tenor" { \voiceOne \tenor }
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "tenor" \verseOne
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "tenor" \verseTwo
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "tenor" \verseThree
    \new Staff = "bas" \with {
      \override Staff.BarLine.tip = #'auto
      \clef bass
      midiInstrument = "choir aahs"
      instrumentName = \markup \center-column { B }}
      \new Voice = "bas" { \voiceOne \bas }
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "bas" \verseOne
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "bas" \verseTwo
     %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "bas" \verseThree

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \override SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment = # 1.4
      %\override LyricHyphen.to-barline = ##t
      %\override Score.SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t
      %\override SpacingSpanner.uniform-stretching = ##t
    }
  \override LyricText.font-size = #-1.5
  \override StanzaNumber.font-size = #-2 }
  \midi { }
}