On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 at 23:05 Chris Yate <chrisy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 at 19:34 David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
>

>> That's pretty good, actually.  Not being able to do native/online
>> compilations by anybody wanting to is bad.  Yes.  Fixes to GUB (possibly
>> even just to its information/documentation, maybe it _can_ do it
>> already) are of course welcome:
>

> David,
>
> At a brief look over GUB, the really big question in my mind is why on
> earth it seems to want to build *everything*. ...

All this said, it looks like the task of slimming it down for one's own
preferred build configurations (in my case, mingw builds, and with a custom
lilypond git repo) is simply a case of changing some definitions in the
Makefile(s).

That probably is not too troublesome for anyone that's confident to start
hacking something like Lilypond in the first place...

Chris