Hi all,

In my current project, I have a situation where the piano has fast
arpeggios at the same time as the strings play a steady, slower rhythm (see
attached screenshot). My feeling is that the best looking solution would be
to temporarily sacrifice rhythmic alignment between the piano part and the
rest of the staves, in order to maintain visually correct rhythmic spacing
within the strings and the piano part independently. Is there are way to
accomplish such a thing in Lilypond just for a measure or two? How would
you deal with engraving this sort of passage?

[image: Inline image 1]