Hi Robert,

It would be unusual to glue stems together as you are suggesting, if I
understand what you want correctly. To use the crossStaff construct the
stems have to be in the same direction. No negotiation. :-)

If you really wanted to insist, there are examples of how to move
individual noteheads in chords from one side of a stem to another on LSR,
but I can't say that this would result on notation in this example that
players would be expecting or comfortable with. My principal aim in
engraving is to increase clarity, and I fell that non standard constructs
reduce clarity and make the music slower to read.

Andrew