Hi Harm,

thanks for the help.

On 19.02.2018 23:47, Thomas Morley wrote:
Also, following links may be of interest. They provide excerpts of an
old and new edition of Janacek, Glagolitic Mass.

Very much of interest. As so often, I find this comparison almost heart-rending. The old engraving is so beautiful and loveable, and the new one so cold and mishapen – how could anyone prefer to use the new one[1]? …

Best, Simon

[1] Probably, they don’t; but I’ll assume there was need for a critical edition, and someone thought it was a good idea to reengrave the whole thing instead of fixing whatever issues by graphically amending the old engraving, in respect for its abounding virtues; and now often performers are stuck with such reengravings… AAAARGH!