Hi Urs,

I hope you can understand these files. I think the report.sty file was
borrowed from your Scores of Beauty post a long time ago (maybe). My
problem is trying to get the content of the "message" field to be
displayed.

All the best,

Craig

On 1 March 2018 at 19:05, Urs Liska <li...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> Am 23.02.2018 um 10:07 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
>
> Hi Lilyponders,
>
> I'm having a minor problem with getting my ScholarLy inp file to work with
> Latex. The Latex output for each annotation looks like this:
>
> \criticalRemark
>    [grob={DynamicText},
>     grob-location={Can't display grob location yet},
>     grob-type={DynamicText},
>     input-file-name={fluteI.ily},
>     context-id={Flauto 1},
>     location={/Users//Maximes_Music/Projects/MM0110/Hallager/critical
> edition/Parts/../Notes/fluteI.ily 55:2:2},
>     type={critical-remark},
>     message={Added missing \lilyDynamics{p}}]
>     {18}{6}
>     {Flauto 1}
>     {DynamicText}
>
> And within my Latex file each entry is displayed with this code:
>
> \noindent
> \theAnnotationNo\,)\\
> \textit{(#7)}\\
> \ifthenelse{\equal{#2}{\value{CurrentMeasure}}}
> {}{\textbf{M. #2},
> \setcounter{CurrentMeasure}{#2}}%
> beat #3\\
> #4\\
> Affects: #5\\
> ``#6''}
>
> My problem is that Latex won't display the #6 (the contents of the message
> field). It is displaying the quotation marks but just empty space in
> between. If I cut and paste the message field and add it to the bottom of
> the code it displays perfectly correctly:
>
> \criticalRemark
>    [grob={DynamicText},
>     grob-location={Can't display grob location yet},
>     grob-type={DynamicText},
>     input-file-name={fluteI.ily},
>     context-id={Flauto 1},
>     location={/Users//Maximes_Music/Projects/MM0110/Hallager/critical
> edition/Parts/../Notes/fluteI.ily 55:2:2},
>     type={critical-remark},
>     message={Added missing \lilyDynamics{p}}]
>     {18}{6}
>     {Flauto 1}
>     {DynamicText}
>     {Added missing \lilyDynamics{p}}
>

> Any ideas where I could be going wrong?
>

> Not yet, but could you please send a MWE, i.e. a complete file, with maybe
> that critical remark just added in the file (instead of inputted)? What
> exactly is context of the code that displays the annotation, i.e. where's
> the complete definition of the "\criticalRemark" macro?
>
> Urs
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Craig
>

> --
> *Craig Dabelstein*
> Maxime's Music
> craig.dabelst...@gmail.com
> *http://maximesmusic.com <http://maximesmusic.com>*

*Craig Dabelstein*
Maxime's Music
craig.dabelst...@gmail.com
*http://maximesmusic.com <http://maximesmusic.com>*
\NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}
\ProvidesPackage{report}

\RequirePackage{ifthen}

\newcounter{CurrentMeasure}
\newcounter{AnnotationNo}

% Print an annotation
%
% Initial implementation is a quite hard-coded thing,
% just to get it started at all.
% It is intended to make the generation of output as modular as possible.
% The annotation should be put together from individual macros. This will
% enable users to
% a) renew the macros to change the appearance of individual parts
% b) renew the \annotation command to reorganize it by keeping the formatting
%    of the individual building blocks.

% The macro is designed to take its data from output generated by LilyPond's
% (or rather ScholarLY's) \annotate function, but it can equally be used
% directly, from manually entered LaTeX code.
%
% It takes seven properties, the first one being an optional key=value set:
% #1: Additional arguments. Has to be parsed separately
%    (not implemented yet)
% #2: Measure number
% #3: Beat string (currently not good enough yet)
% #4: Affected context (voice)
% #5: Affected type of notational element
%    (currently not used, needs a nice lookup in the LilyPond part)
% #6: Annotation content (message)
% #7: Annotation type

\newcommand{\annotation}[7][]{%
\stepcounter{AnnotationNo}

\medskip
\noindent
        \ifthenelse{\equal{#2}{\value{CurrentMeasure}}}
        {--- }{\textbf{M.\,#2,}
        \setcounter{CurrentMeasure}{#2}}%
        beat #3, #4: ``#6'' \textit{(\theAnnotationNo)}}

% Several wrapper functions to typeset different kinds of annotations.
% For now these only differ through the label, but they could be
% extended in the future, e.g. through conditional coloring in draft mode etc.

% Intended for proper critical remarks
\newcommand{\criticalRemark}[6][]{
\annotation[#1]{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
        {Critical Remark}}

% Intended for critical remarks that still have to be discussed.
% Usually the goal is to turn all into critical remarks.
\newcommand{\musicalIssue}[6][]{
\annotation[#1]{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
        {Musical Issue}}

% Intended for technical issues regarding the music engraving
% (clearly only useful when using the package together with LilyPond)
\newcommand{\lilypondIssue}[6][]{
\annotation[#1]{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
        {LilyPond Issue}}

% Intended for general questions that are tied to musical items.
\newcommand{\annotateQuestion}[6][]{
\annotation[#1]{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
        {\textbf{Question}}}

% Intended for TODO items that are tied to musical items.
\newcommand{\annotateTodo}[6][]{
\annotation[#1]{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
        {\textbf{TODO}}}

\documentclass[a4paper, 12pt]{book}

\usepackage{fancyhdr}

\usepackage{geometry}
\usepackage{nag}
\usepackage{microtype}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\usepackage{afterpage}

\usepackage{layout}
\usepackage{fullpage}
\usepackage{multicol}
 \setlength{\columnsep}{0.75cm}

\usepackage{color}

%lilyglyphs
\usepackage{fontspec}
        \defaultfontfeatures{Ligatures={TeX}}
\usepackage{lilyglyphs}

%font
\setmainfont{Minion Pro}
%\setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Minion Pro}

%ragged right formatting
\usepackage{ragged2e}
\usepackage{everysel}
\usepackage{footmisc}
\newlength{\saveparindent}
\setlength{\saveparindent}{\parindent}

\usepackage{report}

\pagestyle{fancy}
\fancyfoot{}% clear footers
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}% eliminate horizontal line
\fancyhead[RO, LE]{\footnotesize \thepage}
\headsep = 25pt
\topmargin = -25pt

\begin{document}

\setcounter{page}{25}

\section*{Critical Report}

\subsection*{Test}

\begin{multicols}{2}
\small

\input{scholarly-latex-test.annotations.inp}

\end{multicols}

\end{document}