Hi Craig,

sorry for the delay, but I had quite reduced capacities during the past week.


I'm even more sorry to inform you that what you experience is "expected behaviour" and the result of incomplete implementation :-(

The exported annotations put a number of information items (including the message!) in one optional argument, followed by four mandatory arguments with the curly braces.


However, in the .sty file the commands are defined to expect six arguments, the first one being optional:

\newcommand{\criticalRemark}[6][]{
\annotation[#1]{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
        {Critical Remark}}

This makes \criticalRemark call \annotation, pass its six arguments to it and one hard-coded "Critical Remark" argument as seventh.

The code exported from scholarly does not export that sixth argument, and consequently it is empty when it reaches \annotation. As you have noticed, if you copy the entry to the end of the list of arguments it will be printed correctly.

I'm not sure what to advise you right now. Your are actually suffering from the fact that I didn't manage to keep hold of the project. In addition to what is "publicly" available there is an "initial LaTeX package" in the repository, on the unmerged branch 'initial-latex-package' with substantial code additions and unfortunately the lack of review on my part. Maybe this branch is actually ready to be merged, but I simply don't really know. And unfortunately I can't promise to change that immediately. Although I should take your report as the incentive to finally get back to that, now that lyluatex is also "out".

I have pushed a temporary fix to the temp-print-message branch. If you checkout that branch and recompile the LilyPond score the annotation message will be added to the list of arguments, and your report.sty will properly read in the message. But I don't really like that hack, and you have to be aware that this interface may not be stable.

Sorry for not having much better info for you
Best
Urs

Am 02.03.2018 um 10:25 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
Hi Urs,

I hope you can understand these files. I think the report.sty file was borrowed from your Scores of Beauty post a long time ago (maybe). My problem is trying to get the content of the "message" field to be displayed.

All the best,

Craig


On 1 March 2018 at 19:05, Urs Liska <li...@openlilylib.org <mailto:li...@openlilylib.org>> wrote:

    Hi Craig,


    Am 23.02.2018 um 10:07 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
    Hi Lilyponders,

    I'm having a minor problem with getting my ScholarLy inp file to
    work with Latex. The Latex output for each annotation looks like
    this:

    \criticalRemark
       [grob={DynamicText},
        grob-location={Can't display grob location yet},
        grob-type={DynamicText},
        input-file-name={fluteI.ily},
        context-id={Flauto 1},
       
    location={/Users//Maximes_Music/Projects/MM0110/Hallager/critical
    edition/Parts/../Notes/fluteI.ily 55:2:2},
        type={critical-remark},
        message={Added missing \lilyDynamics{p}}]
        {18}{6}
        {Flauto 1}
        {DynamicText}

    And within my Latex file each entry is displayed with this code:

    \noindent
    \theAnnotationNo\,)\\
    \textit{(#7)}\\
    \ifthenelse{\equal{#2}{\value{CurrentMeasure}}}
    {}{\textbf{M. #2},
    \setcounter{CurrentMeasure}{#2}}%
    beat #3\\
    #4\\
    Affects: #5\\
    ``#6''}

    My problem is that Latex won't display the #6 (the contents of
    the message field). It is displaying the quotation marks but just
    empty space in between. If I cut and paste the message field and
    add it to the bottom of the code it displays perfectly correctly:

    \criticalRemark
     [grob={DynamicText},
      grob-location={Can't display grob location yet},
      grob-type={DynamicText},
      input-file-name={fluteI.ily},
      context-id={Flauto 1},
     
    location={/Users//Maximes_Music/Projects/MM0110/Hallager/critical
    edition/Parts/../Notes/fluteI.ily 55:2:2},
      type={critical-remark},
      message={Added missing \lilyDynamics{p}}]
      {18}{6}
      {Flauto 1}
      {DynamicText}
      {Added missing \lilyDynamics{p}}


    Any ideas where I could be going wrong?


    Not yet, but could you please send a MWE, i.e. a complete file,
    with maybe that critical remark just added in the file (instead of
    inputted)? What exactly is context of the code that displays the
    annotation, i.e. where's the complete definition of the
    "\criticalRemark" macro?

    Urs

    Thanks in advance,

    Craig


-- *Craig Dabelstein*
    Maxime's Music
    craig.dabelst...@gmail.com <mailto:craig.dabelst...@gmail.com>
    /http://maximesmusic.com/


    _______________________________________________
    lilypond-user mailing list
    lilypond-user@gnu.org <mailto:lilypond-user@gnu.org>
    https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
    <https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user>


    _______________________________________________
    lilypond-user mailing list
    lilypond-user@gnu.org <mailto:lilypond-user@gnu.org>
    https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
    <https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user>




--
*Craig Dabelstein*
Maxime's Music
craig.dabelst...@gmail.com <mailto:craig.dabelst...@gmail.com>
/http://maximesmusic.com/

_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
lilypond-user@gnu.org
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user

Reply via email to