Kieren,
Thank you so much for trying to help me. I couldn't figure out how to override
the stencil (I'm afraid I'm still too much of a novice), but I finally figured
out how to shift a regular rest horizontally so it appears a bit more centered.
Thank you again!
Karen

    On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:45 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<kieren_macmil...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

 Hi Karen,

> I am setting an interlude for a colleague. She has specified a full-measure
> centered rest, notated as a dotted half-rest. I have searched the
> documentation for several hours and cannot seem to figure out how to do this.
>
> I want the rest in measure 2, but centered like the rest in measure 1. Advice?

I assume you’d want to use a MultiMeasureRest (i.e., R2.), and override the
stencil to look like you want it to.

Hope that puts you on the right path!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer