Thank you for the moral support, Simon!
My "client", as you so kindly call her, is a bit headstrong, and I'll leave it
at that.
Thanks again!

    On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:01 AM, Simon Albrecht
<> wrote:

 On 06.03.2018 23:07, Karen Billings wrote:
> I am setting an interlude for a colleague. She has specified a
> full-measure centered rest, notated as a dotted half-rest.

The answer is very simple: Don’t do it. Tell your client it’s wrong
notation. One has to do that as an engraver.
Exception: your client is very well aware of the rules, but she wants to
change them deliberately.

> I have searched the documentation for several hours and cannot seem to
> figure out how to do this.

This is one of the cases where if LilyPond can’t do it (within
reasonable effort) it’s a bad thing to do.

Best, Simon