On Sat 10 Mar 2018 at 13:28:20 (-0800), Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:
> David,
>
> Thank you for your pointed reply.
> Yes, I did take away something from your explanation.
> I have used it on the previously referenced score.
> My basic question, more operational than technical (I really don't get all of
> the \scoreTitlemarkup stuff!).
>
> Why is it that "piece" and "opus" are the only ones beatified to migrate?

Because a musical work "typically" has one title at the top
(cf a novel) and one composer (cf author), whereas each movement
(particularly where they're often performed separately) will be
numbered (cf chapters) and sometimed titled (like children's
stories).

> The process you provide seems a little kludgy to get "opus" behave as it
> would on a normal score with multiple movements.

I think the example (which BTW I didn't write) was designed to give
you a lot of flexibility without using the \fromproperty method.
If your music is very conventional as just described, then the
default scheme may work for you, as attached (modified from that
example cited).

Cheers,
David.
\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "a6")
  bookTitleMarkup = \markup \with-color #red \bookTitleMarkup
  scoreTitleMarkup = \markup \with-color #green \scoreTitleMarkup
}

\header {
  title = "Morning Canticles"
  composer = "Edward Elgar (1857–1934)"