Date: 4/14/18  6:55 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Lilypond-user <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Pedal bracket alignment
Hello,

I would like to align the pedal bracket changes closer to the middle of the
notes they’re attached to, instead of at the beginning of the note.

What is the best way to achieve this? I have been using shorten-pair but that
leaves too much space between the Ped. mark and the start of the bracket.

\version "2.19.80"

\relative {
  \set Staff.pedalSustainStyle =#'mixed
  \override Staff.PianoPedalBracket.shorten-pair = #'(0.6 . -0.6)
  c'4\sustainOn c d\sustainOff\sustainOn d\sustainOff e\sustainOn e
f\sustainOff f
}

Thanks!
Edward