Torsten Hämmerle wrote
> Kieren MacMillan wrote
>> I’m trying to tweak the "length" of an arpeggio (by 1 staff space at the
>> top), and can’t seem to find the correct incantation or doc reference.
>

> Hi Kieren,
>
> You can explicitly set an arpeggio's start/end positions by overriding the
> positions property.
> The internals reference is a bit misleading, as the standard property
> descriptions mentions left/right only.
> For an arpeggio, however, positions holds a pair of lower/upper position
> values.
>
> It is calculated by the ly:arpeggio::calc_positions function, and this
> function can be used in a custom scheme function just subtracting a given
> amount from the lower value and adding the same amount to the upper value.
> A simple example, manipulating the "standard" positions by
> subtracting/adding correctional values (0 at the lower end, 1 at the upper
> end, as requested by you):
>

> %%%  MWE begins
> \version "2.19.80"
>
> #(define (widen-arp grob)
>    (let* ((pos (ly:arpeggio::calc-positions grob))
>           (lower-corr 0.0)
>           (upper-corr 1.0))
>     (cons (- (car pos) lower-corr) (+ (cdr pos) upper-corr))))
>
> {
>   \override Arpeggio.positions = #widen-arp
>   <c' e' g'>1\arpeggio
> }
> %%%  MWE ends
>
> HTH,
> Torsten
>

> --
> Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/User-f3.html

Thanks Torsten!
I was looking for something like this but thought it was impossible to
extend the arpeggio size.
So I was using the staff-positions everywere as I find the LP arpeggio
default too close to the notehead.
Your solution will spare me a lot of time!

Not totally related, but much the same problem for me with the
alignment-distances from "\overrideProperty
Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details".
We can only set an absolute number here, would it be possible to make it
relative to the original number choosen by LP?