Well, someone has to put that info in. If it’s for a whole section, either
it’s the composer or the orchestra librarian. Who cares of the conductor
changes it, that’s their choice.
 If it’s for a single player like a keyboardist, I would be inclined to
leave more open to the player - I am a keyboardist with relatively small
hands, and many times I physically can’t do the fingerings the composer
puts in, and so printed fingerings do clutter the score when I have to just
cross them out.😁 Also, pedaling may change based on the acoustics of the
room…