On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:34 AM Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Hello Immanuel,
>
> Welcome to this list. For your information, I had to approve your message
> manually as a list administrator because you are not subscribed to the list
> yet. Please fix this by subscribing on
> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user (note that once
> subscribed, you can opt out of receiving emails or choose to receive only
> one batch digest per day).
>

> Le 30 janv. 2023 à 17:20, Immanuel Asmus <ias...@freenet.de> a écrit :
>

> Dear community,
>
> I’ve been using lilypond for a fair amount of time, and even though I
> sometimes use non-standard notation, I’ve never had any problem finding a
> solution. Until now.
>
> It’s my first time typesetting a song cycle I wrote. I want (as what I
> understand is recommended) to typeset every piece on its own, then include
> all of them via the \include command.
>
> My main document looks like this:
>
> \version "2.22.2"
>
> \header {
>   title = "Seltsame Liebeslieder"
>   composer = "Frühjahr 2007 – Frühjahr 2021"
>   tagline = ##f
> }
>
> \include "Trinklied.ly"
> \include "Fruehlingslied.ly"
> \include "Wetterlied.ly"
>
> Now, including the first and second piece was no problem. When I add the
> third piece, however, I end up without any line break up from the middle of
> it (see attached “nobreak.png”).
>

> When the music overflows like this, it almost certainly means that a
> duration is off somewhere, and the last note of each measure is actually
> straddling over the bar line, continuing into the next measure by a tiny
> amount. I would try to insert some bar checks (the “|” sign) at places
> where bar lines are supposed to be, to flag rhythm problems. If you get
> different results when you include your score after another score, it might
> mean that you started the problematic score without an explicit duration on
> the first note. In that case, the duration is that of the previous note, or
> “4” if there is no previous note. This is a possible cause, maybe you just
> need to add a “4” on the first note of the score that overflows.
>
> Best,
> Jean

Nothing new for me to add to Jean's recommendations. He is spot on. Just
wanted to second it and say that this exact cause for a system overflow (a
bad rhythm value somewhere) and debug method (adding bar checks with "|")
will sort this out and has for me hundreds of times in the past.

Good luck,
Abraham