Jean,

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed.
Might it be included in the referenced “graphical-setup-under-windows”?

Mark

From: Jean Abou Samra [mailto:j...@abou-samra.fr]
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2023 9:04 AM
To: Mark Stephen Mrotek <carsonm...@ca.rr.com>; 'Paul Hodges'
Cc: lilypond-user@gnu.org
Subject: Re: 2.22.2 and 2.24.2

Le samedi 09 septembre 2023 à 08:51 -0700, Mark Stephen Mrotek a écrit :

Jean,

I could not find instruction in

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/learning/graphical-setup-under-windows

as to how and when I created a folder in placed Lilypond 2.24.

I am sure that I am missing something.

This is what the first paragraph of the page tries to explain:

Download LilyPond for Windows from Download
<https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/web/download> . The file will a
ZIP archive called ‘lilypond-x.y.z-mingw-x86_64.zip’ (where “mingw” means it’s
for Windows). Extract this in the file explorer. Place the resulting directory
lilypond-x.y.z-mingw-x86_64 in a permanent location; the actual folder doesn’t
matter, you just need to put it somewhere you won’t move it afterwards. For
example, you could choose your home folder.

In short, the folder is "created" by unpacking the zip archive that you
downloaded.