Kevin Cole <dc.l...@gmail.com> writes:

> I just tried it again with the attached, and still do not get "The Sound of
> Silence" ;-)
>
> $ cat mwe.ly
> \version "2.24.2"
> \language "english"
> global = {
>   \time 4/4
>   \key f \major
>   \tempo 4=150
> }
> PartFour = \relative a {
>   \global
>   \clef "treble"
>   \partial 4 a4
> }
> \score {
>   \new Voice = "PartFour" {
>     R1*32 R1*24
>     \repeat unfold 4 {
>       \transpose c c,, { \PartFour  }
>     }
>   }
>   \midi { }
> }

$ lilymidi --pretty /tmp/mwe.midi
Filename:     /tmp/mwe.midi
MIDI format:  1 (one or more simultaneous tracks)
Divisions:    1536 per whole note
#Tracks:      2

Track 1:
    Time 0:
        Text:       creator:
        Text:       LilyPond 2.24.2
        Time signature: 4/4, metronome 1/4
        Tempo:      1000000 msec/quarter
    Time 86016:
        Time signature: 4/4, metronome 1/4
        Tempo:      400000 msec/quarter
    Time 86400:
        Time signature: 4/4, metronome 1/4
    Time 86784:
        Time signature: 4/4, metronome 1/4
    Time 87168:
        Time signature: 4/4, metronome 1/4
    Time 87552:
        End of Track

Track 2:
    Time 0:
        Track name: \new:PartFour
    Time 86016:
        Key signature: F major
        Note on: Channel 0, A1(33)@90
    Time 86400:
        Note off: Channel 0, A1(33)
        Key signature: F major
        Note on: Channel 0, A1(33)@90
    Time 86784:
        Note off: Channel 0, A1(33)
        Key signature: F major
        Note on: Channel 0, A1(33)@90
    Time 87168:
        Note off: Channel 0, A1(33)
        Key signature: F major
        Note on: Channel 0, A1(33)@90
    Time 87552:
        Note off: Channel 0, A1(33)
        End of Track

What is apparent is that it may be a bad idea to first pause a number of
bars and only then include \global with a different \tempo .

But the location of the tempo change aside your principal problem, like
before, seems to be that timidity as a player skips initial rests.

Try fluidsynth -ia pulseaudio -n on your MIDI file as an alternative (on
my system, I get inexplicable problems with -ia pipewire or -ia alsa)
instead.

--
David Kastrup