Knute Snortum <ksnor...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 6:44 AM Peter Mayes <pe...@petermayes.org> wrote:
>
>> Here is a fragment of something I am engraving.
>>
>>   e( dis e ais, b g |
>>   e8) r \afterGrace d'!(\trill { cis32 d }  |
>>   c'!16) b^. a^. g^. fis^. e^. |
>>
>> The D following the \afterGrace is slurred up to the C at the beginning of
>> the following bar.
>>
>> I would also like the "{ cis32 d }" grace notes to be slurred, but if I
>> put "{ cis32( d) }", I get a "Warning: already have slur".
>>
>> Is there a way to get a "slur within a slur"?
>>
> When we ask for a MWE, the "w" stands for "working".  That is, you should
> be able to copy and paste the LilyPond source and get it to engrave.  You
> can't do that with your code, thus David Kastrup's reply.

It was probably easy to overlook, but my reply did contain the requested
functionality.  The output was not exactly pretty in most other regards.
I was both answering the question as well as making a point about the
example code.

Sometimes I don't answer questions at all because I am not in the mood
to write a complete example myself for the sake of someone else.  In
this case, I decided to just go with what was given and in that manner
show that a better prepared question would have made for a better
recognizable answer.

The actual recipient of the answer did get the solution.  It just
appears that I confused other readers.

Sorry for that.

--
David Kastrup