> [Later] The error I am getting now is:
>      Processing `/tmp/frescobaldi-duowk0s5/tmpz726e77a/testGit.ly'
>   Parsing...fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent
> directories): .git

If the path is in `/tmp/`, it means that you did not save your file before
compiling, so Frescobaldi put the contents of the current editing window in a
temporay file and compiled that.

If you simply remember to always save before compiling (or turn on
save-on-compile in the preferences), Frescobaldi will compile your file with
the directory where it's saved as the current directory. If that's inside a Git
repository, `git` commands should work.