Greetings,

 

Thank you, Kieren and Simon. When I created a minimal sample, I used a poor
example and the two easy solutions you suggested would be perfect. 

 

I REALLY want to be able to re-use a melody while selectively altering parts
of it. Here are two more possibilities -- 

                turning a melody in a minor key into a major key.

 

 

\version "2.24.3"

melodyViolin = { c'2 \downbow g'2 \upbow  es'2. d'4 |  c' es' d' c' | b d'
g2  }

melodyTrumpet = {\melodyViolin} %remove bowings

 

%instead of repeating the melody I would like this code to remove the
bowings

#(define removeBowing (map ly:music-deep-copy

  (list melodyViolin melodyViolin  ))) 

#(define twice

  (make-sequential-music removeBowing))

{\clef alto \melodyViolin}

{\transpose bes, c {\clef treble \twice}}

 

\version "2.24.3"

melodyMinor = {c'2 g'2 es'2. d'4 |  c' es' d' c' | b d' g2  }

{\melodyMinor }

% coding magic here to replace es with e

%something like -> melodyMajorAltered=(string-replace "melodyMinor" "es"
"e")

melodyMajor = {\melodyMinor} %after alterations

{\melodyMajor}

 

 

Be content; it is your birthright.

 

Peter

 

 

 

 

Reply via email to